Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Leave Christ In Christmas

With all the rushing around from one store to the next to get the best bargain, it's not hard to lose sight of the real meaning of Christmas. It seems we've gotten so wrapped up in deciding what big gift our kids need or how can we out do last years efforts. It's strange how the media has basically taken the most important thing out of Christmas. Very seldom do you see an ad that doesn't say Holiday or something like that. I remember growing up that the plays & parties at school were Christmas, not "Holiday". Somewhere alone the way the focus has shifted & hopefully can get back on track. It doesn't look promising....
I've been so glad to see many of my clients requesting to include the word "Christmas" when I'm designing their greeting cards.

Here's a track from Rascal Flatts singing about how they have tried to take Him out of school, money, etc. but "He aint the leavin' kind"

If you're a regular reader of my blog you know I never mention religion or politics. Mostly because I try to keep it entertaining with photos, pop culture, funny tid-bits & random things that I think are interesting. I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents about where I stand on this & agree we should leave Christ in Christmas!

Click Here to hear last weeks sermon from North Side Baptist Church in Weatherford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Class of 2019