Friday, March 18, 2011

Photo Tip #17

Payment First-
This is another business related tip I will share & it's kind of a no brainer.  As I've mentioned in the past, I've learned most everything by trial & error.  One big thing we've learned is to get our payments up front before we ever give or process a customers order.  I've had so many instances in the past were I would hand over a customer's  prints to find it's like pulling teeth to get money from them. Unfortunately this policy applies even for regular customers & people who I consider friends. No matter who it is we get payments first. You would not believe how many old orders I still have for some  past clients who ordered $200 + in prints. Yes sent off an entire order for processing & received them to find the clients wan't going to be able to pay me for some reason or another. So a tip of the trade: as much as you want to trust everyone, you need to get all payments in advance.  Unfortunately (like they say) a few bad apples can spoil the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Class of 2019