Friday, July 31, 2009

ORPHAN

When I was growing up I was such a huge horror movie buff. Every time a new scary move came out I had to rent it. In the 80's 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' was the biggest horror franchise & I can tell you how many times I saw each of those. Even though I wouldn't ever hurt anyone, I think I had my parents scared I would turn out violent. I just like to be scared & enjoyed the excitement of a good scary movie. Having seen most of the horror films out there, I have to say I saw one of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time. This week I watched 'ORPHAN' & it really ranked up there with some of the classic scary movies of the past. It's hard to know if you like a movie just by the trailer. Even the worst movies can look great in a nicely edited trailer with all the best scenes crammed into 2 minutes. This film wasn't one of those typical cheesy blood & guts horror flick. Don't get me wrong, it did have it's share blood & many disturbing scenes with violence. As disturbing as many scenes were, this movie kept me on the edge of eat wondering what was going to happen next. If you are a fan of scary movies, then this is a must see. "You'll never guess her secret"


Here is a funny skit from Jimmy Kimmel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Class of 2019