Last night we took the kids to Weatherford's "movie in the park" at Cherry Park. It was a great way to spend the evening with the kids under the stars. The weather was good & we had a little breeze. The movie featured last night was the 1985 comedy "Back To The Future". The feeling you get when you see a movie from your childhood is great. It's a good movie but I didn't remember how much bad language it had in to. I cringed every time that SOB... sh** etc. was said in front of our kids. I'm all about random fact these days so I thought it would be fun to share some about the movie.
- Was the top grossing release of 1985.
- The device originally considered for use as the time travel machine was a refrigerator. Director Robert Zemeckis said in an interview that the idea was scrapped because he and Steven Spielberg did not want children to start climbing into refrigerators and getting trapped inside.
- Michael J. Fox was allowed by the producer of "Family Ties" (1982) to film this movie on the condition that he kept his full schedule on the TV show - meaning no write-outs or missing episodes - and filmed the (majority) of the movie at night.
- C. Thomas Howell was considered to play the role of Marty McFly.
- In the French version, when Marty wakes up in 1955 in his young mother's bed, she calls him Pierre Cardin instead of Calvin Klein. In the Spanish and Italian versions, she calls him Levi Strauss.
- John Lithgow and Jeff Goldblum were considered for the role of Doc Brown.
Emma loves the Jonas Brothers, and in their song "Year 3000" they sing about the flux capacitor from "Back to the Future." She had NO IDEA what it was, and needless to say my husband was VERY disappointed!ReplyDelete
She was at movie in the park last Friday and finally learned what a flux capacitor is!!! She was so excited she came home and told Cameron immediately! It was GREAT!!!