It was 5 years ago that Mark Zuckerberg founded Thefacebook.com along with fellow Harvard classmates Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz, and Eduardo Saverin. 1,800 days and 150,000,000 users later, Facebook has become one of the most heavily used and trusted websites in the world.
Facebook’s accomplishments to date are truly impressive. Not only has the company built a social utility accepted across global cultures, but it has also established unprecedented trust with users who are comfortable sharing more and more personal information every day.
In fact, Facebook also released updated stats on information shared by Facebook users today:
- 15 million users update their statuses at least once each day
- 850 million photos are uploaded to the site each month
- 24 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared each month
- 3.5 million users become fans of Pages each day
- The average user has 120 Facebook friends