Friday, February 26, 2010

The Edits #31

I wanted to give our readers an inside look at how much work/time photographers spend in creating that perfect end result. The days shooting a roll of film, processing & selling proofs are long gone since the digital age. Much more time is spent in post production, but the end results are way better. Being able to take my favorite shot then edit it 3 different ways is kinda cool until I look up & realize I've spent 2 hours editing one session. So, between shooting, downloading, saving, editing, saving again, posting, ordering, packaging, & figuring financial, we will have spent at least 5 hours on one client for a regular session.

Since I started this series with my kids I thought it would be appropriate to end it with them too. This is from the same sitting as before.



I had to brighten the image all around. I then added color contrast & saturation to enhance the leaves, brighten the eyes to bring out color, remove little boy bruises & cuts, reduce allergy circles around his eyes, & that's about it.

So you can tell on editing just one image I spent a good 5 to 10 minutes. Multiply that work times 25. Not all session/images need extreme work but much of the time it does.

We appreciate those who take the time to read our blog. It's something I enjoy putting together, & hopefully there's a little bit something for everyone. During this time of the year I have a little extra time to do regular blog updates, so check back regularly to see whats new.
Thanks again for stopping by,
Jake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Class of 2019