Saturday, March 5, 2011

Photo Tip #7

Sun To The Back-
This may be an obvious tip to many, but always make sure that you subjects are facing away from the sun. If someone is facing the sun they are sure to be squinting & depending on the sun location, they will probably have harsh shadows around the eyes. Refer to Tip #1 about using flash outside.
Personally I would rather shoot strictly in a shaded area, but sometimes I have no choice.   From time to time I will run into a situation when I shoot on location at a customers home. Before I even agree on using their location, I ask them where the sun will be in conjunction with the backdrop they have in mind. Those conditions need to work out for best results.
Harsh shadows are typical when subject faces the sun.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Senior Class of 2019